L-S Industries has specialized in protecting wire, cable and flexible pipe on reels for over 30 years. Our extensive mix of reel protection products gives our customers the best set of options in the wire and cable industry. We offer two types of reel packing – cable guard and export guard.
This is the most popular protective reel wrap on the market and is widely viewed as the premier reel protection in the industry with its cost-effective protection of high-value wire and cable. It is popular for its clean look, impact protection, weather-resistance, UV protection, and ease of application to reels. Cable guard is available in two styles: heat scored polypropylene and laminated polyethylene. Each performs very well in all reel wrap situations.
Benefits of Cable Guard:
- Weather-resistant material that protects your products from the sun’s UV rays.
- Great impact protection.
- Clean, professional look.
- Easily applies in between the flanges, tape or plastic strapping can be used to secure the wrap.
- Widths and lengths are customized to your specific reel sizes at no additional cost.
- Wrap can be customized with different thicknesses of foam, for cushion and extra impact protection, and even a printed film for branding and/or handling instructions (with appropriate volume).
- Short lead times and low minimums – typically one week or less.
- Approved by the NMFTA for transporting Fiber Optic cable and approved in 2015 as a NEMA level 3 (plain cable guard) and level 4 (cable guard with foam) protective wrap.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Export guard is the best product for protecting your wire and cable in the most demanding shipping and handling situations. Our heat-scored export guard is our most protective reel wrap and has many advantages over other products being used to protect wire, cable, tubes, and other products shipped overseas on reels.
Similar to the heat-scored cable guard, export guard is much heavier, thus providing protection for extreme shipping and handling situations. Laminated with foam, export guard often replaces wood lagging, thus dramatically reducing packaging cost and improving worker safety. When supplied with foam, a weather-resistant seal is provided at the flange.
Benefits of Export Guard:
- Weather-proof and recyclable.
- Significant cost savings over wood lagging options (both in material cost and labor to apply).
- Customers are reporting 50% to 60% savings over traditional wood lagging options when you factor in the labor savings, which will help you lower your bids on new projects.
- Lighter than most wood lagging options too so you will see additional savings in your outbound freight costs.
- Short lead times and low minimums allow you to order this material only when you need it.
- Made in the U.S.A. and ships from our Knoxville, TN plant.
- Less labor-intensive to apply than nailing 2×4’s or plywood to the edge of the flanges.
- No need for injury-prone tools like nailers and staplers needed to cut down wood products on site.
- Easy to remove from the reel.
- Weather-resistant and recyclable.
- Resists moisture, as well as most chemicals, and protects your product from the Sun’s UV rays.
The Industrial Packaging Experts
We pride ourselves in being experts in industrial packaging. Our extensive knowledge and availability of materials can help you rest easy knowing you’ve made the best choice in getting your product from point A to point B, as safely as possible. For more information, contact us directly or visit our website.