This is the most popular protective reel wrap on the market and is widely viewed as the premier reel protection in the industry with its cost-effective protection of high-value wire and cable. It is popular for its clean look, impact protection, weather-resistance, UV protection, and ease of application to reels. It is approved by NEMA and NMFTA for protecting reels of wire & cable.
CABLEGUARD is available in two styles: heat-scored polypropylene and laminated polyethylene. Each performs very well in all reel wrap situations. Speak to one of our Application Specialists to help determine which is best for you.
Heat Scored Polypropylene
Some of the many benefits CABLEGUARD has over other materials used to protect wire and cable shipped and stored on reels.
- Weather-resistant material that protects your products from the sun’s UV rays.
- Great impact protection.
- Clean, professional look.
- Easily applies in between the flanges, tape or plastic strapping can be used to secure the wrap.
- Widths and lengths are customized to your specific reel sizes at no additional cost.
- Wrap can be customized with different thicknesses of foam, for cushion and extra impact protection, and even a printed film for branding and/or handling instructions (with appropriate volume).
- Short lead times and low minimums – typically one week or less.
- Approved by the NMFTA for transporting Fiber Optic cable as well as NEMA as a level 3 (plain CABLEGUARD) and level 4 (CABLEGUARD with foam) protective wrap.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Reels Wrapped with CABLEGUARD
Cableguard with Foam
CABLEGUARD is made from a polypropylene or polyethylene resin which are 100% recyclable. Even if a polyethylene foam is laminated to the underside it can be recycled under the “other” RIS category (code 7).
The CABLEGUARD material is approximately 4mm thick (about 1/6″). Polyethylene foam can be added in thicknesses of 1/8″, 3/16″, and 1/4″ to add cushion and additional impact protection. Typically the foam overlaps the CABLEGUARD material which gives a nice, tight seal when applied in between the flanges (see photo above).
This product has a maximum width of 102″ and can be cut into rolls of 75′, 100′, 150′, or 300′ long.